Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DotaHIT v0.999s1 (+ Replay Parser & Replay Finder)

Danat from playdota.com Say:

Hi. It's time for the 0.999s1 version release .
First, my prologue :
"I'm working on a program, which would calculate various data about your hero. For example, I want my program to be able to show the actual increase in dps of your hero, if he had learned some skill that gives him bonus damage, show total spell resistance, EHP and everything else that is possible to calculate and useful to know about your hero. I do that only because i dislike (nothing personal ) other dota-oriented programs that i have seen."

Extra features:

  • CustomKeys generation. You can now generate your CustomKeys.txt using the DotaHIT's user interface
  • Image Extraction. With this you can extract images (hero/skill/item) from the DotA map.
  • Data dump. This is useful when you want to view DotA map's database (heroes, items and abilities).
  • Replay Parser. Opens replay files (*.w3g) and displays some information about the game: host, players, heroes, line-ups, chat-log, kill-log, skill/item order, wards and, if possible, kills/deaths/creeps/denies list.
  • Replay Parser/Replay Finder. A tool built in replay parser that allows searching for replays that contain specific players, heroes or both.

What's new?
  • Implemented auto-update feature. You can manually do Help->Check for Update, or customize auto-update options in Settings. Default settings: check for update on startup once each 7 days
  • ControlBar default location is now above main window instead of below.
  • Fixed Hero Build load.
  • Fixed some abilities based on timers to cause DotaHIT to crash (Craken shell, Balanar skills)
  • Fixed item buy process when there are other heroes picked. Now selected hero always gets the item bought.
  • Added configuration file switch to the Replay Export panel. With this you can keep configuration presets for different forums.
  • Replay export now displays bans and picks, and you can customize thier appearance by pressing "bans/picks" button.
  • Hero class and name can be now customized in HeroTags form (requested long ago by daarksidee).
  • Added Hero Format combobox to Replay Export panel. You can customize hero string output in the export.
  • Added "bbC" button to Replay Export panel which allows you to customize bbCode tags for various export data items.
    Use the "preCode" column to enter opening bbcode tag and "postCode" to enter closing bbcode tag.
    Note that since its hard to process all possible bbCode tags the user might enter, bbCode is displayed "as is" in the preview.

    -------------[ 0.999r5]------------
  • Fixed for 6.62 (1.24b patch). The WarCraft3 path specified in Settings must point to 1.24b Warcraft, otherwise new maps will not load correctly.
  • Added detail-mode for items. You can now view information generally not available in the game. Personally I've waited a long time for this feature , because I wanted to find out the exact duration of MoM, +ms boost of Phase Boots, etc.
  • Fast Item Combining mode is back! And it works a lot better now - it takes almost no time to activate and all (I think) items can be bought instantly without the need to assemble their components.
  • Fixed some bugs in Replay Parser.
  • Replay Parser now detects game mode, replay saver, bans and picks.
  • Changed link to source code in About to sourceforge project. I've moved there from googlecode.

Screenshot (version 0.996b):






Extras->Replay Parser screenshot:






[IMPORTANT] REQUIREMENTS:

1. You need to have Warcraft III installed on your pc. This is because my program uses it's datafiles. War3 installation path is determined through registry, so you don't have to specify it manually. If War3 is not installed, then my program wouldn't be able to load maps correctly.

2. Since my program is written in C#, you need to have .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your computer (see link below).

Additional file:
.Net Framework 2.0 download page (dotnetfx.exe - 22,4 mb)
Tell me if my program does not run after installing this version of framework. Btw, some programs install FW2.0 automatically in order for them to work, so you might already have it installed on your pc.

[BUGS & SUGGESTIONS]

Report them to me via PM.

[PROJECT ON GOOGLE CODE]

dotahit - Project Hosting on Google Code
DotaHIT is now being developed not just by me, so it's easier to use some online project hosting services to share its source code.
This is where you can download the most recent version of dotahit available (including some experimental versions). Additionaly you can post your suggestions, report bugs, etc. in the "Issues" tab of the project page.
Note: if you want to download the source code from the project page, switch to "Source" tab and use the url you see (".../svn/trunk/") with some "SVN tool" (search for this in google) which will automatically download every source file found.

http://dotahit.googlecode.com/files/...playExport.zip
This is a sample project of a plugin for DotaHIT Replay Parser.
It does almost the same things as the default replay export (hero bbcode and name), but now you can easily modify the source code so that it will display information as you want it without studying the full source code of DotaHIT.
DotaHIT plugins have almost full access to DotaHIT's core variables so you can extract any data you want from the replay (lanes, chatlog, killog, apm, creepstats, etc.).


[PAID IMPLEMENTATION OF FEATURES]
Okay the reason i created this section is because currently DotaHIT development progress is slow. As you can notice, I've tried to fix that by cooperating with another programmer but it didnt work out. Personally I dont have enough motivation to spend most of my free time on DotaHIT - I always have more interesting things in mind , besides, DotaHIT already does more than enough for my needs. So, I've decided to suggest another way of speeding up DotaHIT development - paid implementation of features. That is, you pay me money and I implement the feature you would like to have in DotaHIT. It's not that I'm making DotaHIT a paid tool or smth, its just that money could be the only thing that can keep my motivation to spend free time on DotaHIT development. Here are the general rules to this:
  • 1. You can suggest any feature you want. Even the most boring ones that I would never consider otherwise . As long as it doesnt screw up DotaHIT intereface, does not conflict with its other features, and is in the "spirit" of DotaHIT , its fine.
  • 2. The average price for a feature will be smth like 30$. If the feature is too small and easy to code then try to suggest more features so that overall they will be worth the 30$ price. Its just that I'm lazy to code small feature for 5$, but coding six small features for 30$ total is fine. If the feature is very useful and needed for DotaHIT (only i will decide that ofc ) then i will do it for free (because I should probably have enough motivation w/o money).
  • 3. Paid features can be discussed via my ICQ:194582102 (or via PM on this forum if you have troubles with that). Btw my timezone is GMT+2 and I'm usually online from 12:00 AM - 11:00 PM. I will tell you how much time will it take me to implement this feature and how much will it cost (~30$ imo for one big feature or a pack of small features). Then after all is settled, you pay me first, then i do the work (i dont know if i can trust ya ).
  • 4. All the features I do for money will be available for everyone in the next DotaHIT release, meaning I will not do any "private" versions of DotaHIT. If needed I can quickly release next version so that "customer" will get a hold of his ordered feature asap
  • 5. I can only use WebMoney service for online payment in my country, so make sure you have an account there.
  • 6. It is possible to pay half of the price (or w/e you can) and then waiting for someone else to pay the rest. I will then make a TO-DO list of features waiting to be fully payed, so other people will decide if they want to support specific feature development. When the feature will be fully payed I'll start working. Though you risk at ending up w/o money (don't forget about commission fee for transfering money back in online payment services) and feature if noone else would support it enough.



My program:
DotaHIT_v0.999s1.rar

Source files:
SourceForge.net Repository - [dotahit]

Some older versions:
DotaHIT_v0.999s.rar
DotaHIT_v0.999r5.rar
DotaHIT_v0.999r4.rar
DotaHIT_v0.999r.rar

0 comments: